Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The weekend is here! My weekend.

As I've probably said before, I typically work Friday-Monday at SeaWorld and then get some days off beginning with Tuesday.  Hence, my weekend is not your average Saturday/Sunday weekend.  And I like it.  Sure there are times I miss out on events that occur only on "normal" weekends but nothing I can't live without.

We did our weekly grocery shopping (at least a portion of it) last night and spent a very long time perusing the aisles of Super Target.  We ended up with several items not on the list but that's an easy thing to do in Target.  I'm always wanting this and needing that.  I very much like the store :)
On this trip we ventured into the garden section and found a wall of seeds waiting to be planted so we helped ourselves to two packets and a little 3-pot planter.  For some reason Target didn't have soil for sale :/  

Cat grass for Humphrey and hot peppers for us

We long to have a yard with a garden so we can grow all our own produce but until that day... small steps and tiny indoor plants. 
As I said, we only did a portion of our shopping at Target.  Today we have to go to Whole Foods for some grass-fed meats and a few other items to fulfill our pre-made menu for the week.  This week we'll be having beef lo mein, spicy chicken thighs, turkey meatloaf, beef curry, pork sausage patties and a few other meals that you'll surely get photos of.  Target supplied us with some organic produce and some canned items such as coconut milk and water chestnuts.  

Now to play catch-up.
We tried out a new recipe from our Make it Paleo cookbook on Sunday morning.  Veggie scramble.  Easy and delicious!!  Basically cook up some broccoli, green pepper and onion then throw in some eggs and top with tomato and avocado.  I do love breakfast dishes!



And here's a couple other catch-up photos from the work week:
Hard boiled egg snack

crock pot chicken and salsa with cauliflower rice and asparagus

Mariel's salmon & salsa with broccoli dinner

This week promises to be very eventful so hopefully I'll have lots to type about. Ice skating tonight, Pet Expo tomorrow and we're making dinner for Mariel and Annie (our neighbors), Strawberry Festival on Thursday!  Yessss!




No comments:

Post a Comment