Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Happiness is a bounty of fresh farm goods

"Saturday" is here again!  Happy Tuesday all.  Evan and I had the day off together today (AND TOMORROW!).  Today was most definitely a by-the-book lazy day and it was wonderful.  We did get our weekly grocery shopping done this morning but after that there was a lot of laying around and movie watching.  

Something quite excellent happened yesterday.  Well, at least I was ecstatic about it but I'm skeptical the majority of people would feel my level of joy...  I work with a lady who owns a farm and often has REAL free-range, organic chicken eggs and grass-fed beef available.  I bought over 4 lbs of beef and a dozen eggs from her yesterday!  Being able to obtain and consume this quality of animal products means a great deal to me and I'm going to begin placing weekly orders :D  
a sample from the farm


Here are a few of our latest meals:

cucumber and tomato salad
wild caught salmon with baked asparagus
coconut flour pancakes with banana nut topping
tilapia with tomato and cucumber salad

No comments:

Post a Comment