Saturday, April 7, 2012

(Autism) Awareness month

April is Autism Awareness month.  To be honest, I was unaware of this until today.  Every April for the past 15+ years SeaWorld has worked with the Autism Society of Greater Orlando in "Sea of Dreams."  I was able to be a part of this event today and it made me do some thinking.  

I have been blessed with good health throughout these (almost) 29 years and am embarrassed to say that I am not well-read on many disorders/syndromes/diseases/health issues that a large population of people are living day to day with.  What I have learned, however, is that many disorders/syndromes/health problems, etc. can be corrected/helped with proper diet and nutrition and I want so badly to get that word out there to EVERYONE.

Research is now showing that 1 in 88 children in the U.S. have autism spectrum disorders and this number is only INCREASING!

I like believing that this number can stop climbing and maybe even decrease.  Please take a few minutes to read this amazing testimony about Autism and Paleo of how changing what you eat can make a world of difference.






Dang.  Now I need to end on a cheery note.

Oh! How about this.  My sister (older sister) and her husband just celebrated their 10 year wedding anniversary yesterday.  My other (younger) sister took pictures of them to document the occasion :)

I'll share a few.  Enjoy!







2 comments:

  1. Wow, Heidi is a GREAT photographer! I absolutely LOVE these shots of your sister and brother-in-law! Fantastic!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll tell her you said so :) I think it was more Charity's placement and Heidi just pushed the button :P Either way, I think they're great as well.

      Delete