Friday, April 6, 2012

dream BIG

Breakfast today consisted of several donuts for dunkin' and lots of Easter candy.  Mmmm. 

Just kidding :)
As Robb Wolf said in reference to all the death food that will be piled into baskets on Easter morning: "HOLY HYPERINSULINEMIA!!"  You really want to give your kids the "best" this year?  Choose these deadly morsels and they'll give you and that fat ol' Easter bunny a hug.  My boss was nice enough to treat all of us this morning so I did give a sincere thank you but alas, none were consumed.   
This is what I actually had for breakfast.  Turkey sausage patties with zucchini squash, yellow squash, mushroom and green pepper along with some avocado.  Yeah, that's more like it!

Lunch was grass-fed beef with broccoli and cauliflower rice (I ate it before I even thought to photograph it...)
And post-work I rapidly devoured this spinach, cucumber and raisin salad.  


I found something pretty exciting (more exciting if you live near or in Portland, Oregon) while I was wasting minutes on Facebook after work this afternoon.  These two kids, Heather and Joe/Cultured Caveman, want to start up a Paleo Food Cart in Portland and they're raising money on kickstarter.com to make it happen. I wanted to give them lots of money to get them started right but because I am typically living the frugal life and recently quit my second job and have bills to pay, etc I gave $5.  But hey, every little bit helps, right?!  Now, if we could only get one of these in Orlando, or better yet, a for real 100% Paleo restaurant.  I'm dreaming big.  OR, forget Orlando and I'll just move over/out there to Oregon.  I like the sound of that :D  Plus, I do LOVE:



3 comments:

  1. Nooooooooooo, don't move to Oregon!!!

    I would, however, be open to a road trip there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been out that way but am 99.7% I would love it. Perhaps, one day... And I would NEED you to visit often :D

      Delete
  2. I think you would love it as well. :) And yes, I would definitely visit!

    ReplyDelete