Thursday, April 5, 2012

Made us some tor-tillas

One of my most favorite people in this world is Mariel Garcia.  If you recall, she was in a few of my posts not too long ago in regard to taking on paleo for the observance of Lent.  
She had Evan and I over for dinner last night and we left there with our bellies filled to the brim (if stomachs had a brim, I guess).  She has mastered a delicious balsamic chicken and served it with oven-roasted asparagus and egg-drop soup.  She also prepared us some strawberry smoothies and had a nut and berry mix AND kale chips available for snacking.  
One of the best parts about going to Mariel's house is that she is our neighbor!  We are less than a 2 minute walk from her door :)  And even though this is factual, we see each other far less than I'd prefer.   




Evan had to go back to work today so we weren't able to sleep in.  Boo.  We sleepily made our way into the kitchen to prepare nothing short of a mega breakfast.  We put together a veggie scramble with a couple slices of turkey bacon.  And some slap-you-in-the-face Costa Rican coffee from Barnie's Coffee Kitchen.  

I drove Evan to work this morning just so I could pick him up for lunch time at home together.  We had a meal we hadn't tried before!  Coconut flour tortillas filled with crock-pot salsa chicken and guacamole with cauliflower rice on the side.  It was heaven in my mouth.  AND we made some carrot souffle to have as dessert.  Sweetest tasting bit of food that I've had in quite some time.  Wow.  Loved this lunch!
  



4 comments:

  1. Nice post. For a bit of light relief you might enjoy this cartoon about the food pyramid. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/04/food-pyramid.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carole! Funny cartoon and unfortunately very true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout-out...lol :) Yes, we do need to see each more often for sure. Is Wednesday still looking good for you for some pool bonding time?

    Also, those tortillas look sooooo good but next on my cooking list is the salsa chicken for sure!

    Just need to get a darn Crockpot...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think chicken and salsa is just about the only thing we use our crock pot for. Suppose we should be more adventurous.

    Pool time should still work as far as I know. Evan has family friends in town this week and they want to take us to dinner one night so I'll keep you posted on that.

    ReplyDelete