Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sleep in? I'd rather make sweet potato casserole.

I saw this recipe back at Christmas time as that is when Evan and I acquired the Paleo Comfort Foods cookbook.  Sweet potatoes are probably one of my favorite foods and I enjoy them in any form (well, except for raw, but that goes without saying I think).  We typically mash them or cut them into fries and season them sweetly or spicily.  Cinnamon is my favorite sweet potato sidekick and I haven't tried it at home but Whole Foods makes paleo-approved mashed sweet potatoes with cranberries that is so tasty!

I have nowhere to be until noon today so I'm up early again and in the kitchen.  I ate breakfast with Evan before he had to scurry in to work at 6 and we chowed on some eggs paleo from the Make it Paleo cookbook.  Always delicious.

Post-breakfast I just wasn't ready to leave the kitchen.  I made myself a "personal brew."

(the set-up was a Christmas gift and came from Barnie's)
Our traditional 10-12 cup coffee maker is now stored away in the back of a cabinet...

It was mid-sip when I decided to break out the sweet potato casserole recipe.  A quick trip to Publix was made for a couple sweet potatoes and nuts (for the topping!).  
2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
there are no raisins in the recipe but I wanted a snack...
mix 'em up after boiled soft and add in all your other ingredients
(all paleo of course)
top with nuts and ready for the oven!  350 for 20-30 mins

 The house is smelling heavenly :)


I saw this article about Grassfed meat on the Weston A. Price Foundation Facebook page yesterday and liked it so much I wanted to share it on here.  It can definitely be tough to choose grassfed meats over the conventional, cheaper meats but it's MOST DEFINITELY worth it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment