Thursday, March 22, 2012

Let's play catch up


Last post: February 28.  Today's date: March 22.  Oops.  Come on, are you really surprised?  What's the longest I've gone with typing on a daily basis?  A week?  Maybe.  Maybe not even that long.  I never said I was good at this.  I'm most certain that all those folks out there with the picture perfect blogs that are constantly updating and posting photos and offering contest giveaways, etc A: do not have lives or B: the blog is their job.  Now don't get me wrong, I definitely admire those that can find the time to post daily and keep the attention of followers and would LOVE to be able to spend more time writing.  AND I could be mistaken about these spoken of folks but I'm pretty confident in my A and B :P Also, I have never been much of a journal keeper growing up either so maybe I'm just not meant for this sort of thing.  Ah well, it's still fun to post from time to time :)  

So.  Let's play catch up.

It's definitely been a busy March so I have an excuse for not being around this part of the internet town.  

First, there was the annual Strawberry Festival in Plant City, FL.  Yes, I had to try some non-paleo Strawberry Shortcake... and a strawberry shake and strawberry fudge.  I was good after that day though, I promise!
make your own...
Yeah, it was devine.
Loads of silly chickens
Score!
There was Fun. at The Beacham in downtown Orlando.  Great show!
The Beacham in Orlando

There was Myrtle Beach.  Evan and I drove up (8-ish hours) to M.B. to visit with my sister and her family.  My nieces turned 3 and 5 years old this month and we consumed paleo coconut cake as part of the celebration.  Delicious!!
Mya Ann
cake!

After Myrtle Beach, my younger sister Heidi came back to Florida with Evan and I! She just flew back to Maryland today :(  BUT I got her started on Paleo and today is day 8 for both of us!  She is still living at home and my parents are stubborn about changing their eating habits so she's sort of on her own now.  Wish she could have stayed to finish out the 30 days here.  

While she was here she saw SeaWorld and met some of my bird friends.  We traveled to Busch Gardens and hung out with some really cool creatures AND made lots of yummy paleo meals :D
Aztec- blue fronted amazon
roo
lorikeets
Busch Gardens
our animal hats
mega breakfast
she became a lover of sweet potato fries
our dessert of baked apples and walnuts
I told you I've been busy!  And finally today, I'm comfy on the living room floor and it's glorious.  The windows are open, Humphrey is lounging on the couch and the birds are chirping cheerily right outside.  Sigh.



cat grass is growing!  peppers have sprouted!





 Thanks for reading!  It's good to be back.  




 Like my new pillow from Ikea?

1 comment:

  1. Tara B,

    I thoroughly enjoyed your blog update! Great pictures...especially love the one of you holding the strawberries, you and your sister with your animal hats, and the picture of your computer on your rug! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Anyway, that's awesome Heidi started on Paleo!

    One of the runners in my club is going to lend me Paleo for Athletes since it allows grains for working out purposes and that's the diet he follows (he runs like 40 miles a week, though! Eeek!). But don't you worry, still sticking to regular Paleo diet (sans grains) until a day after Easter.

    Why a day after Easter, you ask? Because I have to reprimand myself for eating applesauce (the sweet kind! I know! :/) one day when I was visiting a friend a couple weeks back. I could have just stopped after I tasted the first bite, but I didn't...I kept eating it. Alas, I am extending Lent by a day (<--that sounds awfully pompous...hmm, I'm extending my Lenten sacrifice for a day...aah, yes, that sounds much better) to make up for my lapse in Paleo-friendly eating.

    Thought it is quite evident by the images and text, I hope you had a fun time with your sister this week! Let's plan for this Wednesday, my friend..something...just want to see your face!

    ReplyDelete