Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Happy "Saturday"

I miss those lazy Saturday mornings with my bottom-less cereal bowl, comfy p.j.s and a spot on the couch perfect for viewing my favorite cartoons.  I woke up today craving a morning like this.  Needless to say, traditional, sugar-laden cereal is out of the question for a paleo-minded individual like myself so I had to tweak my desire to relive a childish morning... Paleo cereal would definitely hit the spot but unfortunately I don't have all the ingredients in the pantry at this time.  Here's another: paleo cereal recipe. SO, coconut nested eggs it is! 

All it takes is an egg and some unsweetened, shredded coconut (if you're not a fan of coconut- shame on you!- you can experiment with substituting other ingredients).  Start by separating your whites and yolks, use a hand mixer to stiffen your whites.  Fold in a bit of coconut and then place the "nest" on a parchment lined baking sheet.  Place your yolk in the nest and bake for 10 minutes at 350〫
My sister just sent me this picture yesterday where she used bacon and chives in one of her eggs.  I have yet to try this combo but it sounds fantastic!  One day we'll open that paleo restaurant we want so badly!  One day...


Once I had the eggs and coffee (of course there must be coffee) made, I cozied myself up on the couch and turned on the blu-ray to start searching Netflix for old cartoons (I refuse to watch any not from my kid-hood).  This is what I was longing for:


But this is the best I could find:
I'm on season one, episode 3 as I type this.

Happy "Saturday" morning to anyone else with the day off!  And happy Tuesday to all you "normal" Monday-Friday, 9-5ers.  Make it a good one :)




Check out the new artwork we got over the weekend!  Evan's friend Alex from college does exceptional work with a paintbrush and was nice enough to create a piece for us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment