Thursday, June 14, 2012

It's Not Me- It's YOU

I just came across this article on whole9life's site that sounded all too familiar.  Or, "hit home" and they say.  I find it challenging and somewhat difficult to enjoy an evening out with friends or even lunch break at work as there is always someone making negative comments about my eating and drinking choices.  

During lunch one day at work I had a friend comment on my paleo packed meal from home as he chowed on his cheesesteak sub with a side of fried cheese sticks and a giant cookie for dessert.  He had asked what my purpose was for eating paleo and after giving a brief explanation of wanting a healthy lifestyle he said: "I have a purpose too and it's to ENJOY life."  Obviously my idea of enjoying life is very different from this person's.  I'd rather live a long, HEALTHY life free of hospital bills and medications than to feel the brief high of a sugar cookie or a carb-loaded lunch.

I have learned I can't speak of paleo without receiving negativity.  People don't seem to want to give me the time of day.  I do want to preach and push and show the world how much paleo can improve the way they look and feel and that it's not just a fad but I am always biting my tongue.  

Here's the article I can relate so well with.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment